“If you are thinking, How do I convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file free? Then you are on the right page. Here, you will definitely find a complete method to convert Lotus Notes Files to Outlook.”
In this digital era, users are always looking for a complete data storing solution that can save, share, transfer their data to others freely. Two major email clients used these days are IBM/Lotus Notes and MS Outlook.
Lotus Notes: IBM Notes is a reliable and secure email storing product that provides different business collaboration functions like calendars, email, to-do lists, management of contact, discussion forums, file sharing, blogging, instant messaging, blogs, and user directories.
Microsoft Outlook: Outlook is one of the tailor-made email solutions that allow users to store their personal and professional information in them. It is mainly available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. It also consists of several functions like calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing.
Now, let us go through the necessities to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file free and the steps that you have to follow to access Lotus Notes data into Outlook.
Reasons For NSF to PST Converter Online
There are different attributes behind the migration of Lotus Notes into Outlook PST:
- In comparison to Lotus Notes, Outlook is cost-effective.
- Compared to Lotus Notes, Outlook has low maintenance costs.
- Outlook is an Office suite product of Microsoft, whereas IBM Notes is a specific application.
- Outlook permits users to manage multiple accounts.
- Users get access to Offline mode using Outlook.
- Some professional users suggested that Outlook has a more effective and easy-to-use GUI compared to Outlook.
- The above mentioned are common reasons that require users to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file. Check out the steps of a workaround to import NSF(emails, calendars, tasks, contacts) into Outlook PST.
Workaround To Convert Lotus Notes into Outlook
It is a free and easy method to convert NSF files into Outlook. But, before that, it is suggested that you take the backup of your IBM Notes NSF files at some safe place. It will divide into two parts, thus implement the working steps correctly:
Export NSF File From Lotus Notes Into CSV
- Run the IBM Lotus Notes Application on your PC.
- Select File then Open, and click on the Lotus Notes Application.
- In the Open Application wizard, add the required NSF file and tap the Open button.
- After that, the chosen NSF file gets opened.
- Click on the File menu and select the Export option.
- On the Export window, assign the file name, select the location and opt with the saving type.
- From the drop-down of Save As Type: select the Comma Separated Value option and click the Export button.
- A new dialog box of CSV Export opens on the screen Opt with necessary options from the How much to export, Export Character Set, and Detail to Incorporate sections. Click the Ok button.
- Finally, the exported data will be saved into a CSV file.
Import the Exported CSV into Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and login with the required credentials.
- Opt with the File menu option and select the Import & Export section.
- You will have to go through with the Import/Export option.
- An Import and Export Wizard opens on the screen. Select Import from another program or file from the menu and click the Next button.
- Pick the Comma Separated Values option and tap Next.
- Select the Browse button to add the CSV file created earlier. Choose different built-in options as per your need. Click Next.
- Now, you have to choose the folder where you want to store the exported CSV file. Click Next to proceed further.
- In the Import a File tab, select the Import a CSV file option and click the Finish button.
- At last, the data present in the CSV files will be imported into Microsoft Outlook.
Issue In Manually Conversion of Lotus Notes into Outlook
- The solution seems too tedious and complicated for novice and non-technical users.
- Process would be time-consuming and not able to import all the data.
- While performing the manual solution, there is the possibility of error.
- There is a chance of the corruption of the NSF files.
- No features to perform selective conversion and maintain the data integrity.
- Bulk conversion of Lotus Notes data is not allowed.
Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to Outlook PST File Free Via Automated Solution
MCT Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration Tool is a prominent utility to export Lotus Notes NSF data into Outlook PST without any data loss. The software is competent enough to perform the bulk migration of NSF(emails, contacts, calendars, tasks) into Outlook PST file. It also permits users to export NSF data into various file formats and email clients like PST, PDF, EML, TXT, MBOX, Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, IMAP, etc.
Working steps of the Automated Solution
Prerequisites: Installation of Lotus Notes into PC is Mandatory.
- Download and Install the MCT Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Tool.
- Complete the installation steps and run the software as an administrator.
- Click on the Select Files/Folder option to browse the NSF files.
- Check the folders from the tree and preview mail and attachments.
- Opt with common and advanced features of the software.
- Click on the Convert to initiate the conversion of Lotus Notes into Outlook.
- Finally, you will find a pop-up displaying: NSF File Converted Successfully.
In this blog, we know about Lotus Notes and Outlook and the different aspects that insist users to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST file free. In addition, both manual and professional solutions are easy to do. Now it’s up to you which solution is suitable for you.