A Comprehensive Guide to Migrate Hotmail Email to Office 365
Email migration has become very trendy in the past few years. Office 365 has become a major email service over other mail services due to its data protection, and data management, and provides many other applications that are useful for a work environment. Microsoft 365 offers data retention policies and more. Migrating from one E-Mail service to another can be time-consuming and tiresome. After a lot of research, we found 2 proven ways to migrate Hotmail to Office 365. There is a manual solution and the other recommended way by professionals is to use Hotmail Backup Tool.
Advantages of Office 365 over Hotmail
Before Migrating your Hotmail into Office 365, we would like to discuss some features of Microsoft 365. This will give you an overview of why to transfer your E-Mails to Office 365.
- Office 365 has modern security features like Multi-factor authentication and data encryption.
- It offers users a wide range of applications like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. to increase productivity.
- The enormous amount of storage provided by Office 365 enables the user to store all vital documents in one place.
- Microsoft 365 is accessible on Smartphones, which gives the user comfortable access to their Emails anywhere.
- Office 365 Automatically gets updated which keeps the user hassle-free.
2 Proven Ways to Transfer Emails from Hotmail to Office 365
We have discussed 2 proven ways by professionals to migrate Emails. Each method has its limitations and advantages. One is a manual method, the other is a method recommended by experts i.e. SysInfo Hotmail Backup Tool.
Manual Method to Migrate Hotmail to Office 365
- Open MS Outlook and sign in to your account.
- Click On File situated in the top left corner.
- In the Info tab select profile and left-click on Add Account.
- Enter your Hotmail credentials and click Next.
- To start the synchronization process enter your Hotmail password again.
- After the completion of the process, all the emails from Hotmail will be visible in Outlook.
- Now, get the PST file for your Hotmail account from this location: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Outlook Files\
- And save it at your desired location
- Now import the PST file into Office 365 account.
Now we have obtained the PST file. The further steps will guide you to add a PST file to Office 365.
- Download AzCopy Tool using SAS URL.
- Import the desired PST files to Outlook 365.
- Verify uploaded PST files to Microsoft Azure Storage.
- A CSV Mapping File is needed to be created to Import Multiple PST Files.
- Create a PST File Import Job.
- Select the desired Filters and start the PST Import Job.
Limitations of Manual Method:
- The user requires sound technical knowledge.
- Missing a step can cause data loss.
- It is very time-consuming and tiresome.
- The user needs the clearly understand every manual step.
Use Hotmail Backup Tool to Perform Hotmail to Office 365 Migration
We have seen certain drawbacks from the Manual method to Migrate Hotmail to Office 365. It is time-consuming and requires apt technical knowledge. Therefore, to overcome these obstacles, you can use Hotmail Backup Tool.
Steps to Save Hotmail to Office 365 time efficiently:
- Start the Hotmail Backup Tool as an administrator on your PC.
- In the software wizard on the left side several Email clients are showcased, left-click on Hotmail.
- Enter your Hotmail Email Address & third-party app password and left-click on the Login Button.
- All your Emails, Files, and Folders will be loaded in a tree structure on the software wizard.
- Select the folders that you want to migrate and click on the Next button.
- In the Choose File Format/E-mail clients for Backup make sure that Office 365 is selected.
- The Software wizard will show a screen to enter your Office 365 username and click on Login.
- Now, after then enter your Office 365 credentials.
- Left-Click on the Sign In button.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to migrate hotmail emails to Office 365.
Advantages of SysInfo Hotmail Backup Tool:
- Transfers Large files in less time, which saves the time of the user.
- It is more efficient
- It can Eliminate Duplicate files
- It can easily migrate bulk files.
As you have seen 2 verified options to migrate Hotmail to Office 365, you now know and it is your decision in choosing the method. Either you can use the manual method to migrate which is cumbersome and a lengthy process or use the SysInfo Hotmail Backup tool which is efficient and converts the Emails in a single click. We hope you got your solution.