How to save Outlook emails to hard drive Automatically?
“I’m intending to save Outlook emails to a local hard drive on my computer to make a backup but I don’t know where does Outlook saves the email files on my PC. If you know how to do it, please let me know.”
Whether you are using Microsoft Outlook for personal or business purposes, it is necessary for you to back up Outlook emails regularly in case of data loss. Backup is a good habit to protect your database from any mishappening. Therefore, Outlook users want to backup their outlook emails to Hard drive. But for novice users, it becomes a tedious task to perform.
So here we are with this article, in which you will find the answer to the query “How to save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive Automatically?”.
A quick way to save Outlook emails in the desired way is Outlook Converter.
Methods to Save Outlook Emails to Hard drive Automatically
If you looking for a way to back up Outlook emails to a hard drive, three are three possible methods available:
Method 1.Manually Export Outlook .pst/.ost Files from Outlook
The other alternative way is to export Outlook emails from Outlook Email app, which will allow you to save the PST files as a backup to a local drive or external hard drive:
- Launch MS Outlook and log in and navigate to Click “File” > “Open & Export” and then click “Import/Export”.
- After that, in the Import and Export Wizard choose “Export to File” and then click “Next”.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click “Next” > Choose Inbox as the folder to export, or expand Inbox and select the appropriate folder. Click “Next”.
- If you want to save Outlook emails to an external hard drive, then connect the external drive to your computer. Click “Cancel” if a dialog box appears on-screen.
- Now go through the “Browse” and choose the external drive from the list of storage devices and then create a name for your backup file. Click “OK”.
- Click “Next” > “Finish”.
Enter a password when prompted to secure the emails, and then click “OK”. Otherwise, click “Cancel”.
Method 2. Manually Save Outlook Email to Hard Drive
If you want to search the path of Outlook emails on your PC and manually copy to Outlook .pst or .ost files to another hard drive, execute the steps below and you’ll make it:
- Check out where does Outlook saves your emails: Run Microsoft Outlook and login > Click “File” and select “Account Settings”.
- Now you need to click on “Data Files” and then find the exact destination of Outlook .pst and .ost files on your PC.
- If you need to open the PST or OST file in Windows Explorer, click “Open File Location”.
- If you need to copy Outlook emails to an internal or external hard drive, you need to find the exact path to find saved files on your PC:
- Press “Win + R” to open Run dialog and type: %APPDATA% > Click “OK”.
- Go to the exact path where Outlook saves your .pst or .ost files:
drive:\Users\ \Documents\Outlook Files
drive:\Users\ \My Documents\Outlook Files
drive:\Documents and Settings\ \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Afterward, you can copy .ost or .pst files and save to your local drive or external hard drive as a backup.
Method 3. How to Save Outlook Emails to Hard drive Automatically?
If you don’t want to waste time and energy-exporting Outlook files or copying Outlook PST/OST files one by one, you can try a professional Outlook Converter to automatically back up Outlook emails to a local hard drive on your PC or external hard drive. This exceptional tool will not only help you save Outlook emails but also back up personal data in Outlook that contains emails, contacts, calendars, and other significant files if you need it.
In this article, we have discussed how to save outlook emails to hard drive automatically?. All the three methods above can help you back up your Outlook emails but each has different advantages. To make a backup of emails by exporting. You can finish the process in the Outlook app without the help of any third-party software. But it’s relatively complex and is not recommended. With Outlook Converter, you can automatically and regularly back up your Outlook emails to an (external) hard drive. Also, it minimizes the chance of data loss.