User’s Query- Stuck with the error “the operation failed. An object could not be found” in Outlook 2016. What can I do to solve this?
This is a very common error experienced by every client while using the Send / Receive feature of Outlook. The error is usually identified using an error code –08004010f. Up to now, only users of the 2013 and 2010 versions have reported the error. Therefore, this blog is explaining all the approaches to solve this error. Go ahead!!
Why “The operation failed. An object could not be found” problem occurs?
The problem arises because it stores the email message item as read-only. When the Exchange server attempts to change the cached message item’s property, the procedure fails. Either Outlook PST file gets corrupted or it is not the exact file that the user is looking for. Another possible reason may be that the Outlook profile is misconfigured. The user must, therefore, assume these factors one by one and test the fixes to find out which solution actually works.
Follow the below measures one by one to solve “the operation failed Outlook” error-
1. Test Outlook Compatibility Mode
A user must ensure that MS Outlook does not function in compatibility mode. If it is working in that mode then correct it immediately by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Start button>search box> type Outlook.exe. Then corresponding programs will display in next.
- Do right-click on the program and from the displayed menu, choose the Properties option.
- You will see a new dialog box then directly go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check for the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” option is checked or not. Then verify if Outlook is in Compatibility Mode.
- Now, uncheck it for once if the option is tested. Restart the MS Outlook program after that to re-send messages. If the option is unchecked, however, there may be another reason behind this error: the operation failed Outlook 2016/2010/2013/2007.
2. Creation of New Outlook Profile
The corrupted Outlook profile is another possible cause behind this problem. To fix the error, try to create a new profile.
- Visit Start > Settings >Control Panel option first.
- Do double-click on the Mail icon.
- Click on the Show Profiles option in the Mail Setup dialog box.
- You will see a New Profile dialog box. Under the Profile Name, enter a descriptive type of a name for the new profile and hit OK.
- Go to the email account box, add a new email account in the email options, and then hit Next to continue.
- Hit on the type of server on which the email account works. Press Next.
- Click on the more setting option and enter the required details in the text fields appears.
- At last, hit on the Finish button.
3. Check Antivirus Scanner is Turned OFF
Each time a client sends/receives messages, they will all be scanned first by the antivirus software. This slows down the email sending or receiving cycle and sometimes results in an error. It, therefore, needs to be turned off by a client. You should try to send emails again after doing this.
4. Repairing MS Outlook Application
- Close Outlook and again go to the Start menu.
- In the search box type appwiz.cpl or Run, then press Enter key.
- Hit on Microsoft Office option in the new window, and press on the Change button.
- A new screen will appear next, choose the Repair option and hit on the Continue to start the repair process.
- Once the process completes, restart the Outlook application again and try to send an email.
5. Use Scanpst.exe
If the above 4 methods not working perfectly for error: “the operation failed Outlook 2010/2016/2013/2007” then this issue occurs due to corruption in the data file of Outlook (.pst). So you can use the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool or scanpst.exe to scan the PST file for errors to solve this problem.
- Check for Scanpst.exe in the system.
- Just select the corrupted Outlook PST file and begin the repair process after running this tool.
A Third-Party Solution- Solve “ The operation failed. An object could not be found”
If Inbox Repair Tool doesn’t work well, then use the PST File Repair utility to fix the “operation failed Outlook” immediately. As it is a third party software developed by highly skilled experts for solving the issues Outlook PST files. Therefore, it is recommended to choose this utility for solving the problem rapidly.
Find the other article to Outlook error:
Fix Outlook error code 0x800ccc0e
DIY to resolve Outlook Error Code 8
Fix 0x800cccdd IMAP error in Outlook
All the above measures will definitely help in solving “the operation not found in Outlook” issue. If facing some complexity with manual ways then go with an expert solution.